Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New York

I flew to New York early this morning. The pilot announced it would be a bumpy flight but it turned out to be smooth. Thank you God. I teared up when I saw Jones Beach on our approach. I remembered all the great concerts I've seen there. And many happy afternoons at the beach. It was 98*, too hot to go to the beach today. I stopped to buy sunblock and flipflops, picked up an antipasta salad from LaPiazza (my favorite), and layed out on the deck for an hour.

Marie and I went to Woodbury for dinner at Laguna Grill. It was delicious. Such a beautiful area. It was great to catch up and talk.

I don't want to overschedule my visit so tomorrow will be a mellow, relaxing day. I want to buy yarn for a baby blanket for Dawn who is due in November.

I have alot of soul-searching to do about my future. I didn't get the white picket fence and 3 children I hoped for. I want to have a purpose. Something other than just me. I don't think I am asking for too much.

No comments: